Admit it, you have been there. Sitting at your desk staring at a blank screen of an email wondering what to write. You stare for so long that you don’t realize 2 hours had already passed by and nothing was written yet.
Text vs. Video
Email marketing takes a lot of time to plan out and execute, not to mention the research on who your target audience is, what their preferences are, and how to market your products/services so that they see its value.
Another obstacle of email marketing is the cluttered inbox of your target audience. Almost everyone nowadays have several email accounts so sorting through them can take a while before you get to read through each one.
On the other hand, video marketing is an easy way to reach out to your audience immediately. Digital Learning Center, a famous Digital Agency in Montreal Canada, shares that with video marketing, there are no barriers to entry. Creating videos does not require you to have any fancy equipment nor do they need extensive knowledge of complex programs.
Here are some reasons why people love videos Marketing:
– They want to learn but don’t like reading (yes we’ve all been there)
– They learn visually
– They are more likely to remember the information presented in the video
– Videos are easy to share with others via social media or even embed onto their own site/blog
Furthermore, Socialmediatoday.com shares that statistics have proven that people are 65% more likely to buy a product after watching its associated video. This is because videos give you the ability to tell a story.
Video marketing has taken the market by storm with companies like Google now restricting access to non-video sites in search results. Video marketing has set itself apart from other forms of marketing because it makes information more approachable and accessible. It tells stories, create awareness for new products/services, and can be shared.
The future of marketing has set itself to video marketing. People are now craving information quickly which is why visual content is playing a big role in how people communicate. It’s not just about telling stories or creating awareness anymore, it’s also about cutting through the clutter that traditional advertising faces today.
Video marketing Vs Traditional email Marketing
When you compare video marketing with traditional email marketing, it is easy to see that there are many pros when it comes to using video.
– Video Marketing is the future of content marketing. According to Hubspot, “video will account for 80% of all internet traffic by 2019”. That’s only 2 years away!
– Statistics show that videos keep viewers longer compared to articles which average at an 8-second view.
– The average time spent on videos by users is 2 minutes and 20 seconds, by 2020 it will reach 3 minutes! This is great news if you are trying to build brand awareness for your company/product because you’ll have the attention of your target audience longer which means that they will become more familiar with you, your brand, and what you do.
– Videos can be shared easily on various platforms like social media through the use of embed codes or links.
However, video marketing is not without its challenges too. Here are some of top reasons
– Ensuring quality content is top priority
– Video marketing needs to be consistent
– Your brand needs to have an existing digital presence before you can use video effectively. This means owning a website, social media profiles, etc.
There’s no right or wrong choice when it comes to using video or email marketing for your business. It all depends on the type of product/service you are selling, your target audience, timeline, and resources. It’s all up to you but make sure that whichever marketing strategy you choose; ensure that you know how it works (including its limitations) so your brand won’t flop when it comes to promotion.
Why is video email marketing important?
Video email marketing is important because it gives your product or service credibility. If you are trying to sell a product/service, it’s best to use video in order for you to tell people how it works and what kind of benefits they can get from it. This way your target audience will understand more about you and your brand which then increases the chances of them eventually purchasing what you are offering.
Video email marketing can be used in various ways too! Some of these include:
– Product/service demonstration
– Case studies
– Explainer videos
– Digital shorts, etc.
Video marketing is growing rapidly every day with marketers who are promoting their products and services through videos. It’s easy to see why it’s so popular because it has the ability to keep viewers longer, cut through the clutter of traditional advertising, provide credibility for your product or service, and can be shared easily.
When you compare video marketing to traditional email marketing though, it is important to note that they both have their own strengths and weaknesses. It all depends on the type of product/service you are selling, your target audience, timeline, and resources.